Inspired by the success of Pit Bull’s recent album (you can read our own Steve Hanson’s report here: http://hilaritan.com/?p=1527), many notorious brands will be teaming up to market their products in a similar fashion.
Oscar Mayer, Wrigley’s, McDonald’s, Folgers, and many others have signed on with some of the most renowned recording artists to reinvent their commercial jingles into memorable rock ballads. The list of artists participating is quiet impressive.
CURRENT TRACK LISTING
(1) My Bologna Has a First Name (Its O-S-C-A-R, motherf***er!)
Artist: Whitesnake /Producer: Oscar Mayer Weiner
(2) The Best Part of Waking Up (is Folgers in Your Cup)
Artist: Joe Cocker/Producer: Folgers Coffee
(3) Double Your Pleasure, Double Your Fun!
Artist: Shinedown/Producer: Wrigley’s Doublemint Gum
(4) Two All Beef Patties, Special Sauce, Lettuce, Cheese
Artist: Red Hot Chili Peppers/Producer: McDonald’s
(5) Heartburn, Nausea, Indigestion, Upset Stomach, Diarreah
Artist: Guns N’ Roses/Producer: Pepto Bismol
(6) Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie (and NOT Ford)
Artist: Bob Seger/Producer: Chevrolet
(7) Break Me Off a Piece of That
Artist: Queen/Producer: Kit Kat Bar
(8) Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut
Artist: Maroon 5/Producer: Almond Joy
(9) Don’t Wanna Grow Up
Artist: Michael Jackson/Producer: Toys R Us
(10) Plop Plop, Fizz Fizz (Oh What a Relief It Is)
Artist: Nickelback/Producer: Alka Seltzer
(11) Stuck on Band-Aids
Artist: White Stripes feat. Nelly/Producer: Band Aid Bandages
The album is scheduled to be released within the next month, and is expected for worldwide release shortly thereafter.